Organising an event is hard work, fun and very rewarding!
Fundraising events are a great opportunity to motivate staff and colleagues and create a huge buzz amongst the team. However you choose to get involved, we hope knowing that your efforts have made a difference will be hugely rewarding. Tell us about your fundraising plans to help improve opportunities for poor people living in slum conditions and we’ll publish the best on our website.
Here are some ideas to get things started:
Wear a funny hat day Lookalike competition Murder mystery Treasure hunt Organise a big lunch/picnic Walk to a local landmark Lunch time story/joke telling Team challenge Dress Up/ down day
Check list for success:
- Choose your event – try to keep it simple and easy to administer
- Spread the word – posters, emails, intranet/social media are all great
- Check if your organisation is willing to match fund the money you raise to maximise your efforts
- Get everyone involved – recruit a co-ordinator for every department and take lots of pictures
- If you are collecting cash and planning on sending us a cheque, please make sure everyone is aware of Gift Aid. Most UK taxpayers can opt for their donations to be Gift Aided at no extra cost - Homeless International can claim an extra 25p on every £1 donated. Ask all your sponsors to enter their details on a sponsor form and send it with your other paperwork confirming the size of the actual donation made. Simple!
- Even easier! You could set up a Just Giving page and get sponsors to make their donation online
- Send any photos from your event to email@example.com and we'll put them on our Facebook page
- Don't forget to Tweet about it using a special hashtag known to your followers and follow us on @homelessintl
- If you are running your event at work add it to our Linked In group www.linkedin.com/groups/homelessinternational
Whatever you decide, make sure you have fun!