Organising an event is hard work, fun and very rewarding!
Fundraising events are a great opportunity to motivate staff and colleagues and create a huge buzz amongst the team.
However you choose to get involved, we hope knowing that your efforts have made a difference will be hugely rewarding.
Tell us about your fundraising plans to help improve opportunities for poor people living in slum conditions and we’ll publish the best on our website.
Here are some ideas to get things started:
Wear a funny hat day Lookalike competition Murder mystery Treasure hunt Organise a big lunch/picnic Walk to a local landmark Lunch time story/joke telling Team challenge Dress Up/ down day
Check list for success:
- Choose your event – try to keep it simple and easy to administer
- Spread the word – posters, emails, intranet/social media are all great
- Check if your organisation is match funding to maximise your efforts
- Get everyone involved – recruit a co-ordinator for every department and take lots of pictures
- If you are collecting cash and planning on sending us a cheque, please make sure everyone is aware of Gift Aid. Any UK tax payers can opt for their donations to be boosted courtesy of the Chancellor of the Exchequer at no cost extra cost. For example, if a UK tax payer chooses to give £10.00 by simply declaring that it is Gift Aided donation, Homeless International can claim a further £2.50. However, in order for us to reclaim the tax we need a letter confirming their status. Please ask all qualifying donors/sponsors of your event to complete and sign this Gift Aid declaration and send it with your other paperwork confirming the size of the actual donation made. Simple!
- Even easier! You could set up a Just Giving page and get sponsors to make their donation on line.
Don't forget to Tweet about it using a special hashtag known to your followers and follow us on @homelessintl
Facebook it: upload your pictures to our Facebook wall www.facebook.co.uk/homelessinternational or email to email@example.com
If you are running your event at work add it to our Linked In group www.linkedin.com/groups/homelessinternational
Whatever you decide, make sure you have fun!